Monday, August 14, 2006

The NEW "Blogger"

Bismillah

Assalamu'alaikum -- Allo -- Hiya -- etc etc

Hmm...as a new "blogger" I'm not sure what my first blog is suppose to be. To be honest I haven't really read blogs before, nor am I very familiar with them. Am I suppose to pretend I am talking to myself? Or that I have an audience? ... so many questions I tell you and no answers!!

Okay, so assuming I'm doing this correct, if there is such a way of doing it "correct" I suppose I should give a bit of background on myself. I am 23, living in ONT,Canada, married with 2 little angels....... Masha'Allah :) I am Muslim and extremely proud of it and to clarify my religion stands for peace not violence!!

That kinda felt weird, like I'm advertising myself for no apparent reason. Perhaps I should begin with an explanation of "Eclipse The Stolen Light", oui? .. It's the title of a book I was to have published (my poems) and though it is designed and all it has yet to be published. Eclipse- The stolen light signifies the light in our lives or rather the lack of it. In the womb our first beginings there is no light, and our death our end there is no light and so Eclipse is the middle portion of our life the glimpse of light we see before we vanish with the blink of an eye :) So now you know!
(Not sure who "YOU" is yet..or if there is a you, but anway)

Be warned from the begining, I'm bad at spelling, I hate proofreading and there is no such thing as "puncuation" in my mental dictionary :) My english is not bad, but put it in writing and this is what you get!! Ta-Da! :)

Oh yah one more thing...I'm a rambler...blabber a bit much..... if you haven't already noticed ;)

To conclude my first BLOG (is that the right terminogly or do i just say "post"?) .... a reminder to all:

The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by God) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked God but my request has not been granted.") -Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him]

Pray for our hurting world!!

3 comments:

Farzeen said...

Assalaamu'alaykum

Beautiful blog indeed! More your words than the template (we'll have to work on that). Masha'Allah, I guess it's because your personality comes right out. Just the way I like it :).

And yes, it's blog post or blog entry (I think..lol).

No worries about grammar, that's for the boring personality who has nothing else to focus on besides grammar.

I look forward to reading more of your rambl..I mean..your profound thoughts (seriously). :)

Sketched Soul said...

Wa'alaykum as-salaamu wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Interesting! I hope there is 'light' in my death. I suppose there are many ways of actually looking at the word 'light'.. but I'm going with the way I see it.

Anyway, welcome to the 'blog' world :)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

Ify Okoye said...

Asalamu alaykum,

MashaAllah, I've just recently begun getting interested in reading blogs and perhaps one day I would like to start my own. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.