Monday, November 19, 2007

Parental Love

I wrote this poem years ago, it's been lying in one of my books. But in honor of Children's Day I thought I would post it here. Every precious child in the world ......it's for you!





Have you ever seen an angel sleep? Have see how far he can spread his feet? How he likes his wings to be free? Have you ever seen the glow on his face? A glow no tantrum can erase. Have you ever seen how his lips part ever so slightly and whistle a heavenly melody?

Sweet lil angel, sweet lil child, you make me want to smile and cry at the same time. O' sweet lil angel you'll never know this love of mine. It runs from my veins into your heart, and through your smile back into my heart.

Sweet lil angel, sweet lil child, this love of mine may be blind but I can't help loving such a beautiful thing (Masha'Allah).

I love you so much it hurts that these words don't seem to work ... so I'll lay a kiss on your cheek and pray one day you'll come to realize how much I mean it.

Sweet dreams my lil angel child, sweet dreams baby of mine ......



For more blogs done in honour of Universal Children's Day, please go to

3 comments:

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Shireen,

Masha'Allah! I love all your poems, and this one is no different. I'm sure mothers (and fathers) could relate to it much better, but it's a beautiful one non-the-less.

Jazak'Allah for sharing it with us, and for letting others know about Universal Children's Day.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

UmmBilal said...

Assalamu alaikum
Dear sister, JazakiLlahu khairan for this sweet sharing...and great to meet your blog through the Children's Day effort.
Wassalamu alaikum
Umm Bilal, almiskeenah

Umm Abdullah said...

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuh!:)

Sketched Soul: Thanks luv for your kind words, Alhamdulilah. The few minutes I'm quite I'm probably scratching something down. I wrote this years ago before Umar was born.

UmmBilal: It's nice seeing you here, thank you for stopping by :) I'm unable to view your page, is it me or just how the settings are?

Insha'Allah next Children's Universal Day I'm gonna put a better effort :) Just remind me 'kay Farhana :)