Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother-Mommy-Mom-Mum-Ami-Mama-Ma ... like no other


AHH ME AGAIN-- finally :) Back from pakistan, from wedding stuff, from driving stuff...from all that fun annoying stuff called life :)

So I read an email (pasted below) and it inspired me to I suppose write a continuation or write something anything for that matter ;)

I never knew ...
I never knew I had any patience
I never knew I could sleep a couple hours and still go on
I never knew I would be able to change so many diapers
I never knew I would be able to calm a crying baby
I never knew I would be able to care for someone 24-7
I never knew I would be able to put up with a tantrum
I never knew I would be able to take my child for their vaccinations
I never knew I would be able to let them go for their first day of school
I never knew I could feel more for someone else than my own self
I never knew I the feeling of unconditional dedication
I never knew the strength I had
I never knew I'd pray so hard for the future
I never knew I would have so much doubt - am I doing enough? are they taking in all they can?
But as a mom I now know...
I pray for the children, ours, yours, and the worlds
I can see a child for their inner peace, and strength
As a mom I now know that I could only know the love of a mom, when I became one.
As a mom the circle of life continues
As a mom the future is being built
Through your strength and mine, as moms our scarfices are their successes
-Shireen


-----------------


Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom. Send this to someone who you think is a special Mom. I just did!
-author unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it! what a great poem!