Monday, December 10, 2007

Mistakes



"Mommy, next time I make a mistake on a beautiful thing will you cover it?" ....words from a 4 year olds mouth. He came to me with an eraser and a picture he drew and he asked me to erase the mistake he made but being done in marker this was not possible. So I said I will use my white-out pen to fix it up, since he did such an excellent job. This however fascinated him and he enjoyed the "tape" that covered mistakes. And in his innocence and honesty he said the above words. I repeated it out loud and chuckled to myself. A few minutes later I found myself pondering on his words, but in a different light. Would it not be so wonderful if we could indeed cover mistakes made by our friends/family and all the beautiful people around us. And so I ask, "next time I or anyone makes a mistake on a beautiful thing, will you cover it?"

2 comments:

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Aww..that's so cute. His little sunflower patch as he calls it.

Insha'Allah... insha'Allah. May Allah make it easy for us to cover the faults/mistakes of others, and fix our own. Ameen.

Thank for sharing.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

Farzeen said...

Assalaamu'alaykum

I didn't realize you wrote so much when I had no access to read it...

SubhanAllah.. profound words.. masha'Allah...